Ever wanted your PC to just simply boot up without having to login to Windows?
Yes, you can create a local account in Windows but what if you need to use your Microsoft account?
Just follow these steps…
- Hold the Windows key (bottom left of the keyboard between CTRL and ALT) and press R to run a command.
2. Type in netplwiz and press the Enter.
3. Select your account in the User Accounts popup box and uncheck the small box next to “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.”
4. Press the Apply button and enter your password in the alert box that pops up next.
5. Press the OK button to confirm.
That’s it! The next time that you reboot the system will log you straight into your Windows account and desktop. To undo this simply refollow the steps but tick the box you previously unchecked in the User Accounts popup.
A word of precaution: Think carefully about doing this on portable devices, as your data may be at risk if your device falls into the wrong hands.
Disclaimer: We will not be held responsible if your data is breached whilst using this login method.